WQMS is a company offering welding quality management services to the structural steelwork sector, including fabricators, consulting engineers and main contractors.
Under the Construction Products Regulations (CPR) CE Marking of structural steelwork to EN 1090-1 has become mandatory since the 1st July 2014. This standard applies to all structures ranging from farm buildings (Execution Class 1) up to power stations and long span bridges (Execution Class 4).
This requirement represents a major development for:
- Steelwork Contractors
- Designers & Specifiers
- Clients & Main Contractors
To achieve CE marking certification, companies must have an audited Factory Production Control (FPC) system in place. A key aspect of the FPC system involves a Welding Quality Management System (WQMS) to EN ISO 3834 and the requirement for a Responsible Welding Coordinator.
- Execution Class 1 - Steelwork Contractors - €3,000 to €5,000
- Execution Class 2 - Small Steelwork Contractors - €6,000 to €10,000
- Execution Class 2 - Large Steelwork Contractors - €12,000 to €16,000
- Execution Class 3 & 4 - Steelwork Contractors - €20,000 to €22,000